LF: RE: RE: Re: RX-LOOP

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: RE: Re: RX-LOOP
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:27:15 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Right,

but you may also use a balun. See RSGB book about EMC (or TVI ...suppose mine
is quite old..) and wind the coax cable 10 or more turns through a ferrite core
with sufficiently high permeability.

I use it for my active antenna, and it is of course mounted some distance above
the roof. Since you don't need RG8/U type cable for LF it shouldn't be a
problem to manage 10-20 turns through the toroid (provided you haven't
installed the BNC connectors in the ends)

73, Jan-Martin, LA8AK

http://home.online.no/~la8ak/