LF: Re: RE: 73khz First Tuesday activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: 73khz First Tuesday activity
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:34:50 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Don't hold your breath, but I spent yesterday resonating my aerial for
73kHz
so plan to give it a try for my first 73kHz QSO.   The effort will have
it's
limitations in that I seem to be only able to get about 1/2 amp of aerial
current, the Datong converted is probably overloading and thus intermods
raise the noise floor, and as yet havn't solved the problem of creatiing
side-tone for the keying...
73 John, G3WKL

John,
Give it a go! I had several 73kHz contacts with less than 0.3A antenna
current and only have 0.9A now. A quick solution to the Datong is a 100-ohm
potentiometer across the input with the antenna fed to the slider. You can
then optimise the incoming wall of RF. I did this for a long time before
getting clever with tuned circuits. Give me a phone call if you want to do
some tests.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net