Re: LF: TA 10 March

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA 10 March
From: "Steve Dove" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:55:19 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings,

Best (not saying much) snapshot from last night is on w3eee.com.

Another case of OK-ish propagation, hacked up by static. Recognizable traces of DFCW from both G3AQC Laurie and CT1DRP Brian.

Just as a bit of an experiment, I decided to add a 'spoiler' or reference trace, a la astronomical observations. That's the line at the top, at 137.7751kHz ; it's from a couple of inches of wire poked into the BNC on the back of a big lump of Hewlett Packard, some 150 feet from the antenna. Notice how it's getting holes punched in it from the static crashes. I'm uncertain of the provenance of the big fat line at about 773.8, (posh for I don't know where it's coming from) but it, too, is obviously being radiated and received, and likewise chopped up. It is otherwise very consistent and very stable - PLC maybe - but never shows any sign of modulation. The NE Canada Loran line at 774.03 looks a bit sad; on a clean night it's quite a few dB bigger.

And that's the Abominable Snowman on 772.9-ish.

       Cheers,

               Steve