LF: Re. DX working

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. DX working
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:26:40 +1200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

Our experience at ZL6QH over the last two nights has lead us to consider
that 60 second dot length is about right for long haul QSO attempts, as when
propagation lifts even shorter dot lengths can be OK.  Amateur communication
needs to make the most of propagation lifts.

We also strongly endorse using DFCW, rather than single frequency QRSS, as
DFCW is:
- significantly faster for completing a message;
- distinctive from carrier type of QRM and;
- the dual frequency coding has an extra degree of freedom for making
decisions on what has been received (displayed).

73, Bob ZL2CA