LF: T/A propagation

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: T/A propagation
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 00:17:11 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, the Kp index rose to 6 again for two periods today. This is due to
the high velocity solar wind stream issuing from a coronal hole. However
there was also an Class X1.6 X-ray Flare at 1900z this evening which will
probably produce a CME arriving around Wednesday night or Thursday. Today's
high index will probably keep the ionoshere "stoked up" with "hot" electrons
for some days to come. The effects of the first high Kp on Friday should
just about be showing through on LF tonight. Any effect due to the CME from
the flare will depend upon the direction of plasma's magnetic field

As I do not have any other sources of data at present I would be very
interested in any reception and strength of signals from this side compared
with say 7 days ago. It is possible that at long dot lengths 1W ERP signals
may make the crossing despite the increased absorption. so conditions may
not look a lot worse than last week. Remember you have cranked in another
13dB. Normal CFH levels were about 32dBuV bad nights rarely dropped below
20dBuV and really good nights hit 43dBuV (3sec dot crossing at about 0.5W
ERP)

Good luck form "Lucky" the rabbit's paw.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]