LF: SID

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SID
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:41:08 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Alan Melia

.. the Kp index rose to 6 again for two periods today. This is due to
the high velocity solar wind stream issuing from a coronal hole. However
there was also an Class X1.6 X-ray Flare at 1900z this evening which will
probably produce a CME arriving around Wednesday night or Thursday.
Today's
high index will probably keep the ionoshere "stoked up" with "hot"
electrons
for some days to come. The effects of the first high Kp on Friday should
just about be showing through on LF tonight. Any effect due to the CME
from
the flare will depend upon the direction of plasma's magnetic field

The W3EEE DCF 39 signals are the worst I have seen then since he started
monitoring.
I have been putting my shack back together after its 'makeover' (the
favourite word on TV these days on doing a place up!). I connected the
transceiver to the antenna this morning on the 10 metre band which was dead
and tested the mini beam antenna, which looked OK.
I then checked the other bands and found they were dead - it was like the
antenna was disconnected.
Some signals came back at 1300z.
Has SID been at work?
Regards,