LF: Re: G0MRF's class D transmitter for 136kHz (Radcom January)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G0MRF's class D transmitter for 136kHz (Radcom January)
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:56:07 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Jan-Martin,
Yes I had to look carefully to find details of the power supply (I thought
the transformer in the picture definately wasn't 300VA !)
On page 65 (column3) in the February issue, it talks about different number
of turns on T2 for supply voltages between 36 and 45 Volts. "The current
trip should be set for 10-11A with a supply of 36V, but if you're using a
higher voltage supply, then the trip should be arranged to cut in at 400W DC
input. At 45V supply this equals 8.9A..."

Maybe there will be a follow up article to describe a suitable PSU.

73
Hugh M0WYE