Re: LF: EH-Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EH-Antenna
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:59:13 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Bernd, group,

I just had a look at the webpage, and as any other EH- (or CFA-) antennas that is claimed to work well it is at a respectable height above ground (based on the pictures I guess about 10m). Most likely the EH-antenna just acts as the funny looking top-hat of a vertical antenna. Scaling up the 160m version (1.5m long, 35cm diameter at 10m height) to 136kHz would result in a 20m long, almost 5m diameter construction at 130m above ground. I have no doubt that this would be a great 136kHz antenna ... assuming you can build such a construction. For 136kHz a 6m high, 2m diameter construction is proposed, let's say with the lower end 3m above ground. Downscaling that to the topband results in a 44cm high, 15cm diameter with the lower end at 22cm from the soil. I wonder if such an antenna would be worth anything (be sure to dig the coax in the soil to avoid that it radiates more than the antenna).

73, Rik  ON7YD