LF: Re: Re: Laurie, Peter . . .

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Laurie, Peter . . .
From: "Denis Cote" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:42:18 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Funny John, I got the same here.

Denis
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 7:10 AM
Subject: LF: Re: Laurie, Peter . . .

Laurie, Peter, et al,

I really hope that I didn't extract too much signal from either of you
this
morning, and that some was left for the trip to Alaska. I only wish that I
hadn't left the Argo gain set so high!

I had Laurie starting around 0420 with a signal drifting down from 137.774
and resting nicely south of a strong Loran line I have at that frequency.
He
was visible continuously after that, with pieces showing all the way to
0845. Peter appears to have caught more sleep, with the first signal at
0515, and the last around 0820. Again, he was continuously visible during
that time.

Here's a representative sample:
6:20 AM: http://webpages.charter.net/w1tag/files/aqcldo1.jpg
Note that copy was pretty much like this through the whole period.

Here's something truly strange. Don't know if someone was attempting to
get
in the middle, or this was some local interference:
http://webpages.charter.net/w1tag/files/aqcldo2.jpg

I hope you made it farther west!

John Andrews, W1TAG