LF: [Fwd: AW: HBG 75 kHz transmitter]

To: "RSGB LF" <[email protected]>, "lowfer" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: [Fwd: AW: HBG 75 kHz transmitter]
From: "Dexter McIntyre" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:47:46 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On several occasions the HBG plot showed an almost instant drop and
return of the signal received here in NC.  These drops didn't look like
propagation events so I emailed the HBG engineer to see if perhaps these
events were transmitter related.  Below is the response I received.

Dex

[email protected] wrote:

Sir

Thank you very much for your message. It is a nice to hear that our signals
can be received in North Carolina.

As for the signal drops, I confirm that our transmitter was down for a short
time on both occasions you mention in your mail. Both events were due to bad
weather conditions (strong winds) in the antenna area.

Jan 7   05:57 to 06:22 (UTC) (I'm recording a measurement every 5 minute,
therefore the real downtime might be slightly longer)
Jan 11  06:43 to 07:18 (UTC)

To complete your records: the transmitter was also down at least 2 times for
shorter laps (on Jan 6 around 18:00 UTC and 20:37 UTC (I think they these
failures are also visible on your graph
http://www.w4dex.com/75khz/hbg07jan03.jpg)

Do not hesitate to contact me again if you need further information

Best regards

Gregor Dudle