LF: Re: Philips (ferroxcube) cores

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Philips (ferroxcube) cores
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 06:09:04 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>

Subj:Re: LF: ReNew cores from Micrometals, copare with philips
Date:12/2/02 3:02:12 AM GMT Standard Time
From:    [email protected] (Andre Kesteloot)
Sender:    [email protected]
To:    [email protected]

Hans-Albrecht Haffa wrote:
>>does anyone know of a table of equivalency between the Philips cores and
>>the Micrometal ones?
>
> Dear Andre,
> [...]
>
> Have a look to the survey or selector chart in the manufacturer`s catalog
that's the point : I cannot find the specs for the Philips materials,
and I have searched all the philips web sites I could find  :-)

Thanks Hans-Albrecht

73
André

Ahhhh.    I misunderstood your message Andre'

I thought you wanted a comparison table. However, if you just need data then there is a 104 page selection guide downloadable as a 1.8MB .pdf file at the ferroxcube web site.

just select products on the opening page and you will be offered the selection guide.

http://www.ferroxcube.com

If you need an example part number for a popular core  then the 58mm 3c90 toroid used in several 1kW designs is........

4330-030-3553      or    TL58/41/18

while the 42mm version used in the 300W transmitter in next month's Rad Com is

4330-030-3552       or   TL42/26/13

The second part numbers refer to the physical size of the core.
TL (I believe is some form of toroid prefix)
42  outside diameter in mm
26  inside diameter in mm
13  thickness in mm

The AL (nH) value for the 58mm core is about 2890 while permeability is apx 2300.

Hope that is of use

73

David   G0MRF