LF: Re: Re: Re: Series loading coil

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Series loading coil
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:35:12 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Just to add fuel to the flames on this, today I carried out a test on my loading coil/vario. on 73 KHz. Having been made big enough to resonate on this band with a 300pF antenna if the main one (c.850pF)flies away, there is quite a lot of it out of circuit at the hot end.
I have been leaving the top 60 or so turns open cct so far, so this a.m. I shorted them.Result - antenna current dropped by 10%. on best adjustment. Fully repeatable five times.
10% is what I would like as a pension increase :-))

Comments ?

Having got the fuse blowing problem corrected, and played with Argo a bit more I am looking forward to Tuesday. Will start calling around 0800z on 71.75 plus or mius calibration error.

Ian  GI8AYZ/MI0AYZ