LF: Re: Re./ 75kHz HBG Plotting etc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re./ 75kHz HBG Plotting etc
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:10:48 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Laurie said:

I agree with Peter, Dex's information is very useful,and certainly 73
appears very stable. However it is still dependant on solar conditions,at
the moment Kp is very low but it is unlikely to remain low, as the Sun
rotates it might be another month  before things are good again.
So now is the time for a cross band attempt.
Unfortunately I am still trying to catch up with sleep from our tues/wed.
night efforts.

Yes, all night sessions put me in zombie mode for the following couple of
days.

I have only one long wire antenna

My first 136 Xband with VE1ZJ was in September when the 14MHz band was open
so I could use my minibeam. For the 'reverse' crossband 3.51MHz/136kHz I
used the loop for 136 receive and the big antenna for transmitting. In the
situation of 73kHz/3.5MHz I would have to use the same antenna for both. The
only way I could do this would be to go down the garden and change over the
antenna from the one transmitter to the other manually - not an impossible
task
However I think Laurie has a good separate 80m antenna.
I think the USA LF team are concentrating on 136kHz tonight.
Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>