LF: System Resistance

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: System Resistance
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:01:50 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All

After reading and studying all the mail about Earth resistance etc, My conclusion is that there is confusion about Earth resistance and System resistance.
Some reports are misleading because they are talking about System loss ie dirty and wet insulators and contaminated rain water on the antenna wire, causing fluctuations in the RF current indicated.
then they state that this is caused by Earth resistance increasing when it rains or snows.
Please separate System R and actual Earth R and you should find when it rains or snows that the Earth R has gone down if not you have something seriously wrong, like you could be sitting on top of a Volcano !!!!!!!!!!!  We also know that a salt water lake is better than a fresh water one but any water below your antenna is better than none at all.
I suppose when I get time, I could divert the local river across my field and let you know what happens !!
73 de Mal/G3KEV