Re: LF: M0BMU Jason Success!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: M0BMU Jason Success!
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 04:38:59 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 12/18/02 2:57:56 AM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

In what I believe is the first transatlantic LF Jason reception, I was
greeted with the following when I returned home tonight:

http://webpages.charter.net/w1tag/files/BMU-JAS.jpg

Well done Jim / John
Excellent result. Full callsign, Locator.......it's all there.

Not only the first Jason reception but also the first mode other than QRSS to cross the pond.
I'm sure all your hard work finding the right propagation and co-ordination between you will encourage those who hope that the path can one day be spanned with standard CW.

How important was your ability to accurately set frequency John? Is there an acceptable margin of error with Jason 95?

73

David   G0MRF