LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: jason etc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: jason etc
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:19:23 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mal,

The only loop worth while is a full wave loop at the frequency of
operation,
the smaller you get in relation to natural resonance the less the capture
ability and more critical the tuning, and going off resonance with the
slightest movement by wind, rain etc, so it is seldom optimum at the
required frequency except you happen to live in Dixie or Texas where the
sun
always shines!!

Well, I guess I'll give up the LF stuff, as I'll never hear anything. Thanks
for setting me straight. It looked like an interesting hobby.

John Andrews, W1TAG