LF: Spectran DSP Audio Problem

To: "a RSGB LF E-List" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Spectran DSP Audio Problem
From: "Thomas Giella, KN4LF" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:00:27 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
I'm experiencing the same problem as others have mentioned. The DSP filters
in Spectran
do not alter the audio.

73,
Thomas Giella
KN4LF/NNN0HUS
Plant City, FL, USA

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather Geomagnetic Data Plus MF Propagation
Outlook:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm

Dick Rollema schrieb:
To All from PA0SE

Some programs, like Spectran, have the possibility to make the processed
signal heard via the PC speakers.
But my problem is that the use of  filters provided by the program does
not
make any difference to the audio at all. The spectrum is nicely displayed,
so there is no problem on that side.

The same problem exists with other programs that are supposed to provide
audio filtering via the computer.  What comes out of the PC speakers is
the
signal at the input of the sound card.
Jan Harte, PA0HRT, experiences the same problem.

Whatever is done with the volume controls, nothing helps.

Any suggestions?

73, Dick, PA0SE

Hi Dick,

try the software SbFFT12 by KW5Q. Download p.e. from:
http://www.muenster.de/~welp/sb.htm#analyzer

regards
Uwe/dj8wx

---