LF: Re: RE: Re: Re: Loops again

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: Re: Loops again
From: "Steve Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 08:15:42 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: WE0H <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: 25 December 2002 02:40
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Re: Loops again

Then why did my 1-watt signal go 1302 miles the other week? I was sending
QRSS-30 and the receive station was southwest from here. My loop points
north and south. It usually goes out past 500 miles in QRSS and over 160
miles in CW with the receiving station listening to it with his ears. It
is
an Ashlock loop maybe that is the difference???
What's special about an Ashlock loop?

The article I mentioned does say that electrically tiny loops are
inefficient - but aren't electrically tiny verticals inefficient too?

Steve