LF: YO2IS beacon

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: YO2IS beacon
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 23:01:24 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Sziggy, conditions are not too good here at the moment. I have distant
lightning crashes, and I am not using my best wire aerial. But I can see
something that might be an occasional horizontal "smear" on Argo about 1Hz
low of your declared frequency. I believe propagation may be a little
depressed at the moment after the recent geomagnetic storm, but the signal
could well pop up out of the noise later. Unfortunately my calculator
predicts a line from the NELS Loran-C at 137666.04 and another at 137665.02.
These are not strong enough to show clearly on QRSS3 here.
I will play with a narrower bandwidth FFT and see if I can identify them
properly.

Good Luck and a Best Wishes for the New Year
Cheers de Alan G3NYK   JO02PB
[email protected]