LF: Re: Calibrating LF Current Meters

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Calibrating LF Current Meters
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:43:36 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Hugh, two possible methods, one, put the power through the meter into a
dummy lead, and measure the voltage generated across the load with a scope
(easiest) or using an RF diode probe (but there is another calibration
problem there). (Remember peak-to-peak voltage is 2.8 * rms )
Meters of this type are probably only accurate to about 10% and that is
adequate for most amateur aerial work, as you are mainly looking for
changes....increases!!. Another way would be to put it in series with an RF
thermoammeter (if you are lucky enough to have one) The bandwidth of the
meter will depend on the ferrite used, and the number of turns.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK