LF: Re.73/136kHz Transatlantic.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re.73/136kHz Transatlantic.
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:10:42 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
Although there was rather poor copy of signals from G3AQC and G3LDO (thanks
Peter for joining in ),
last nights experiment was really quite successful.
At the time when signals were seen by W1TAG and W4DEX the Kp index was up to
3 which Alan and I regard as the highest at which a crossing can
occur.Previous crossings were made at lower lenels.and better copy was
achieved.This crossing occured 17 days after a possible X class flare which
however did not have too great an effect.
So my thanks to all who co-operated with reports of signals frequency etc.
-136kHz-
John W1TAG has siggested a return to 136 for these tests where more stations
could participate,at both ends. (remember the clustering  close to 135.922
last year.)
I should be very happy to return to 136 for a while at least, and I would
appreciate comments.
73 Laurie.