LF: Re.73kHz Transatlantic.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re.73kHz Transatlantic.
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:29:50 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Laurie said:
Although there was rather poor copy of signals from G3AQC and G3LDO
(thanks
Peter for joining in ),
last nights experiment was really quite successful.
At the time when signals were seen by W1TAG and W4DEX the Kp index was up
3 which Alan and I regard as the highest at which a crossing can
occur.Previous crossings were made at lower levels.and better copy was
achieved.This crossing occurred 17 days after a possible X class flare
which
however did not have too great an effect.

I agree with Laurie that the results obtained on 73kHz correlated with
similar tests on 136kHz, between T/A signal strengths and Kp index.
I reported that at the start of my transmission the frequency had drifted up
30mH (as measured on a Philips PM 6667 high resolution frequency counter)
when in fact, according to Markus and Jose, it had drifted down by 30mH.
I switched the DDS unit on at 1800hrs before I went out for the evening so
it had been on for 6hrs.
I didn't, however, leave the frequency counter switched on. The cause of the
drift is not known.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>