LF: Argo Tests under Win XP

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Argo Tests under Win XP
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:40:00 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alberto,

I tried your latest release - again a nice piece of art !

No problems when running a single program instance under Win XP (on a 1.7 GHz machine), stable for hours.

Then I played a trick to consume a bit more  CPU power: I started a 2nd, 3rd and 4th instance of Argo which was ok for a few seconds. Then, one of the instances only produced horizontal lines on the waterfall screen with no more sign of life. It stayed this way, even after closing the other instances. As you already guessed, it may be a timing or synchronization problem with the sound-acquiring thread. Maybe this is a trick to test the programt under "very adverse circumstances".

Cheers and have a nice weekend,

Wolf DL4YHF.