Re: LF: Logging & New SpecLab....Tnx Wolf

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Logging & New SpecLab....Tnx Wolf
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:13:46 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi, Alan and Group.

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Alan Melia wrote:

If maybe you are screened from some of the ground wave then there could be
interesting plots made. At my location of approx. 700kms from DCF39 I get
get a steady level during the day and some slight variation on that at
night, but only about + / - 6dB. This is probably the effect of equal sky
and ground wave paths at similar strengths interfering.

Here in my location (mo64rx) I have no DCF39 sigs at day time. It is not
audible and it is not visible by hamview. But at night time it is very
strong, somtimes audible (when there is no noises) and it's level seems
to be more then 30 dB over noise. So vasriations of signal level is more
then 30 dB. Signal is strongest about 30..60 min before sunrise.
 I guess the best for plain signal strength logs would be to look for a
"beacon" in Russia in the 50 - 150kHz range. Maybe Alex has some ideas of
signals that plague his receiver but could be "music" to us further west.

Unfortunely my RX can recieve  135 - 139 kHz only. So I can't observe
beacons. But usualy at evening local time I see very strong and
stable carrier on 137.390 kHz (may be (???) it is mirror chanel 132.61 kHz
) wich is on/off iregulary. I do not know what is this. May be it is local
signal only.

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb