LF: Re: HBG dip before sunset

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: HBG dip before sunset
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:36:31 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Just looked at W1TAG's HBG plot and saw he has the same sharp dip in
signal but slightly earlier than what I saw.  This dip occurred about
half and hour before sunset here.  Of course John's sunset is slightly
earlier than mine.
Dexter

A reminder for those relatively new to this group that I made a recording of
HBG during a total eclipse of the sun a couple of years ago. It can be found
at http://www.lf.thersgb.net/gallery/eclipse.htm. Note that HBG is about
750km from me and is always S9 by ground wave. The variation in strength is
almost certainly due to interference between the sky and ground waves.
Interesting nevertheless.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net