LF: QZ06-40

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QZ06-40
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:39:13 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Mal the QZ06-40 is not in my 1969 book ...I wonder whether that is a
QQxxx the double tetrode. As far as I can see the "Z" version is a quick
heat heater for "mobile" applications. I think the heater fired up off about
2 volts from an overwind on an inverter (in Pye kit at least) and was up to
working temp in a few seconds. Thus it was not necessary to run the valve
heater continuously, and flatten the battery. I seem to remember QQZ06-20As
(or were they -40As)in 30Watt Pye W30 Westminster long-case boot mount
mobile. I think a lot of the valves I came across had gold plated pins too.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]