Re: LF: Logging & New SpecLab....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Logging & New SpecLab....
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:56:09 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan,
thanks for the comments and the info. Other members of the group were doing the tougher part when getting their logging stations running - - -

if we can measure and log phase accurately enough, and do the stations transmit a reliably constant phase.
We know DCF39 does not, but others may be more useful....time data might be
a problem....or it might be an advantage !! measure time ??
<<

By chance, Markus DF6NM has just explained his observations on the DCF39 phase jumps  to me (rewarding, tnx!!). But we are not sure yet if they (at DCF) really care for a high-precision carrier frequency. All I can say now is that the phase jump is always a multiple of  25.7xx° (or so), but WHEN these jump's occur I can't say.
With some luck and a bit of "audio preprocessing in the time domain" it may be possible to make a phase plot of DCF39 with all phase jumps removed, one fine day... but more experimentation must be done.

Would a well-known experienced programmer of beautiful user interfaces like to have the sourcecodes ? ;-)

Regards,
Wolf DL4YHF