LF: RE: Osc drift

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Osc drift
From: "Richard Newstead" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:19:41 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Transceiver drift is quite a problem. I am doing some propagation
experiments on the HF bands that need long-term stability of 100mHz or
less. This is way beyond what the average ham gear can do - my IC737 is
good with around 700mHz drift (peak to peak cyclical) but still not good
enough. My frequency standard is several orders of magnitude better.
Getting rid of the drift is hard too, you can read of my problems at my
website in the propagation section.
The good news is that Wolf of Spectrum Lab fame is hoping to build in a
drift cancelling system in the next version of Spectrum Lab. Drift
cancelling is possible with the current version but is a bit fiddly -
again there is an account in the propagation section at my web site.

That's all for now so I'll slide off (if you get my drift).

73

Richard Newstead, G3CWI
Buy and sell ham gear online at The Amazing Online Flea Market http://www.qsl.net/g3cwi