Re: LF: Questionable mail....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Questionable mail....
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 07:22:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
On 2 Oct 2002 at 10:47, Steve Thompson wrote:

> This is the Bugbear virus (W32/BugBear@mm or Tanatos), see
> http://www.f-prot.com/news/vir_alert/bugbear.html).  I received a
> couple myself this morning.  New virus signatures are now available,
> make sure you update your virus software.
Or switch to Linux :-)

I use Pegasus Mail (under Windows), and am pretty confident this removes me from the Outlook security problems. The problem is that most of the world seems to use Outlook and todays experience seems to indicate they are spreading this rubbish like there's no tomorrow. I have seen the light, unfortunately you will never convince the rest of the world.

I have Linux on my machine (dual boot) but rarely use it. Some of my essential business software is only available for Windows. So I have to use WIndows for most of my work, but use virtually nothing else from the MS camp (Opera for browsing, Pegasus for email, Star Office for documents).

ps. I tried sending this to Steve direct, but his 'inthebin' email address bounced straight back..... In the mean time several more copies of Bugbear received, this one looks like it is going to be a real nuisance.

73s Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk