LF: Propagation Reports...suspended

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Propagation Reports...suspended
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:24:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, the regular propagation reports on my web site (and available via
Dave G3YXM's site) with the daily plots of DCF39 from Brian CT1DRP's
location in Porto will be suspended for the time being. Unfortunately Brian
has suffered a computer failure ( well, it has been working awfully hard
this last 12 months !) He was intending to do an update to his system anyway
around about now, so this has brought the process forward a bit.

I will post some "wild guesses" occasionally, particularly if any
Trans-atlantic activity starts up, but it is difficult to understand what
might be happening without live data. Also I do not have anything from CFH
or SXV these days (though I am sure Greek and southern European stations and
East Coast stations are quite pleased about that !!)

I suggest anyone wanting a detailed report about conditions tries the KN4LF
site (linked from my page). Although Tom is biassed towards BC and MF, his
weekly reports are extremely good. With the arrival of LF allocations in the
US I am sure Tom will shift some emphasis to 136kHz as well.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk