LF: Re: RE: Re: Re: Ant Questions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: Re: Ant Questions
From: "Dave Brown" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:32:21 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Just going from memory here, but I think if the vertical height of the outer
end of the active part (ie above the insulator) of the droopy radials is no
lower than around 70% of the vertical height of the upwire, then very little
efficiency is lost. If anyone has a copy of 'VLF Engineering' handy you
could check the actual figure in the chapter on transmitting antennas. The
number of droopy radials may figure in this as well.

73
Dave
ZL3FJ