LF: IC706IIg Stability

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: IC706IIg Stability
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:13:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
As a consequence of the current backchat about these devices, intending to
use one as lf driver, and having recently acquired a half decent counter, I
checked out my particular sample of the breed today and also the TS850.
Results;

IC706, 3W o/p, 13.700MHz  30min on / 30 min off cycle for three hours.
Maximum frequency excursion less than 70 mHz.
TS850, 3W o/p, 13.700MHz ditto; Maximum frquency excursion less than 50 mHz.

The Racal - Dana counter runs continuously,  and both transceivers were run
overnight to let them settle. The shack has thermostat controlled radiators
but even so the temperature can walk about quite a bit so the test
conditions were typical of normal operation.

I reckon that the stability is adequate for most purposes :-))

Should be radiating soon.

73 de Ian MI0AYZ