LF: Re: Re: Suggestions please

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Suggestions please
From: "Steve Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:05:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Melia <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: 25 October 2002 22:14
Subject: LF: Re: Suggestions please

Hi Steve that is not unusual for any long pole supported at a clamp with
"line" contact. I presume you were using "U" bolts ??
snip
Yes - your description of the installation is quite accurate and in
hindsight it's blindingly obvious what's going to happen...

I can get inside the bottom of the pole to put canes or somesuch inside -
you describe external additions, is there a problem with putting something
inside one of these poles?

The fishing pole is too good a support to ditch
completely and as you say has minimum visual impact.
I hope that gives you some ideas..... er where did you get the fishing
pole
from and how much ??

Several ideas, thanks - I liked the pole enough to go and get another with
the idea of guying it if all else failed (seems like a shame to have to do
that). Having seen the info on G3CWI's site, I went to the local angling
shop and asked what they had - they came out with these 5m poles at £7 ea.,
so I'm not too heartbroken at the failed experiment. When I asked about
other lengths they shrugged and said it was pot luck what the wholesaler
offered them.

Thanks,

Steve