LF: Posting from different accounts

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Posting from different accounts
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:40:04 -0000
Cc: "Andy Talbot \(E-mail\)" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
My works account comes through a firewall on another site, then over a more secure network to the desk, so has the advantage of being always on and having all working files to hand for sending or downloading - including posting to the reflector. But for obvious reasons I don't want messages from the reflector popping up all the time on this one; tried once and it got very annoying. The various security measures in place make it impossible to access my home account from this computer - and quite rightly so. (Official homeworkers, by the way, have special dial up accounts and secure links provided) Internet access is available but very restricted in its scope - no downloads of any description are possible, and even .PDF files can give problems sometimes, many sites are blocked for some obscure reason - and some dubious ones aren't ;-).

This g4jnt account is my home one, but also accessed from another computer at work where I have a dial up modem, the other side of the office. Full Internet access is the 'official' justification for having this route. So it is easy enough to download and even post from it, BUT being a quarantined machine does not have any other software or network connections on it. The only way of transporting data between the two machines is floppy disc or, ironically enough, EMail. For the sake of completeness I usually copy messages to the other account.

So that's the story, as far as my computer access is concerned, for those querying the reasons for posting from a non subscriber.

AND I'd like to get rich quick too, anything to stop wasting 8 hours a day, five days a week just to earn the money to enjoy myself.

Andy  G4JNT