LF: QSO EA1PX <-> M0BMU

To: [email protected], José Manuel <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QSO EA1PX <-> M0BMU
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:35:40 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Jose, LF Group,

Many thanks to Jose for the 2-way QRSS3 QSO with EA1PX last night. I wasn't sure if Jose would be QRV, but I left the RX on, and saw good CQ calls some time after 2100utc. Then I had to spend 10 minutes frantically re-connecting the TX cables I had just disconnected for another experiment before I could reply! The QSO was straightforward, with "O" reports both ways, although the signal was not audible (see attachment). Jose spent some time sending CQs at 10 seconds per dot after the QSO, but there did not seem to be anyone else active.

Here I was running the usual 1.2kW TX to 9m high inv. L antenna (measured at 0.44W ERP), with an active loop RX antenna and RA1792 receiver - I would be interested to know more about EA1PX's station. The path from G to northern EA seems to be quite consistent - our previous cross-band QSO was in the morning; I noticed only slight QSB on Jose's signal last night. I expect many other stations would also be able to work this path, and would expect normal CW to be possible when conditions are quieter.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

JPEG image