LF: GI pedition

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GI pedition
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:41:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have been in GI/Tyrone (IO64PO) this past 3 weeks and although the band conditions were excellent there was very little acty. I did work a few G stations and heard others and ON6ND was strong but he did not hear me. I was running about 100 watts to a 120 feet vertical, top loaded with a couple of 300 feet horiz wires on top and some ground radials about the same length.
The system resonated well with a base loading coil of about 1.2 mh. The qth is very quiet and ideal for LF, the rx on 136 just sounded like the 2metre band.

A few minutes ago I worked my first 5 mhz CW qso with a GM station. There are a lot of CW qso's
taking place at the moment on the new 5 mhz band, who said CW was dead!!!!!!

73 de Mal/G3KEV