LF: re Vlad's QRSS beacon

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re Vlad's QRSS beacon
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:46:57 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, Alex sent the following direct to me regarding transmissions by Vlad
RX3QFM, but I may be of interest to others. Thanks Alex
Just now I ask Vlad how exect is nominal FREQ. Unfortunely FREQ acurancy
is not too high. Vlad set FREQ by listening his signal on FT840.

I have told him that if listen high harmonic of the signal then acurancy
will be more high...

Vlad will continue his beacon test every night.

Now Vlad has 0.45 A in 15 m high L-antenna. PA is under costruction now.

Additional info from Vlad. He use transverter. Acuransy of generator is 50
Hz and trx syntesiser acyrancy is 20 Hz. So FREQ error may be up to
70 Hz. To find the signal is needed. My be sombody can find his sigs
and tell the exect FREQ.

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb
Unfortunately not knowing the exact frequency at extreme range means
throwing away quite a lot of dBs. So if anyone further East copies Vlad's
transmissions I would be interested to find his exact frequency ( nominal
136.1kHz ) and stability, so I can use ARGO at high resolution.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]