LF: RE: [off band Jason]

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: [off band Jason]
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:26:14 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
By USB, do you mean the frequency specified is the carrier and the centre 800 Hz (or whatever) higher, or is 7000.003 the centre of the transmission ? I'm assuming for now you mean the latter, so off to listen throughout the day.

This confusion over ways of specifying SSB frequencies, is not unique to amateurs. The UK Navy and Army both do it differently. One the centre of the channel, the other the nominal carrier frequency.

Andy  G4JNT