LF: SM6LKM beacon QRT tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SM6LKM beacon QRT tonight
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:22:09 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi

My Jason beacon is now down because of a thunderstorm.
More thunder is expected tonight so the beacon will remain
QRT until tomorrow.

Alberto I2PHD wrote:
Re Johan beacon, nothing received so far, sorry (but couldn't you turn your
dipole E-W ?  :-)

Yes, I can turn it but not now. I am busy with other duties. Perhaps on Sunday.

Wolf DL4YHF wrote:
no idea what power you are running at the moment but it must be QRO..

Hi hi... Yes, it was QRO by Hifer standards, 15 mW.

(SM6LKM on 7000013 Hz, copied on Saturday, 14:00 UTC, hr JO42FD) The first quarter of the screenshot copied with the native decoder, the rest with the KK7KA decoder, last quarter with AGC turned off > and RF+AF gain turned on, soundcard completely overloaded (so all kinds of clipping involved).

Interesting. The "Jimi Hendrix method" seem to be gaining popularity :-)

73
Johan SM6LKM