Re: LF: Summer Bonus Offer .....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Summer Bonus Offer .....
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 11:14:53 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To Alan and All from PA0SE

Thanks Alan for a very useful program.
I downloaded it without any trouble and it immediately worked fine under Windows 98.

73, Dick, PA0SE

At 00:21 9-7-02 +0100, you wrote:
Hi all, WHAT SUMMER I hear you all shout !! Well its all relative......as
Albert would say.

After a struggle to create a Windows interface to Andy's DDS PCB I though I
would make some use of my new skills and revamp a program I wrote many years
ago in QuickBasic 4.5.  It is an LC Resonance Calculator.....I know, there
are plenty of those about........but just try this one.  It allows you to
type in values, and then 'nudge' the L and/or the C whilst continually
calculating the resonant frequency and the reactance of the capacitor. So
you can chase any condition. If you clear the inductance box it allows you
to type in frequency and capacity and gives the reactance, and you can still
'nudge' the capacitance. It is small enough to keep minimised and pull up
over a Smith chart for some 'user friendly' calculations. The file is called
Resonate.EXE

Now the Warning !! It has only been tested on Win95 but it should be OK on '
98 and I hope it will work with later systems but have nothing to test it on
(I am mean as I keep insisting! ) It does not have any entry checking so if
you type in something stupid it will either give a stupid answer or fold up.
It is available on
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk/programs.htm
or via the index page.
Brickbats direct to the usual address....

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]