Re: LF: test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: test
From: "HighGain" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:48:38 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi dear Fabian,
I don 't see the point. Consequently you shouldn' t use e-Mail to get in
touch with other amateurs but only CW.

You are entitled to your opinion Fabian. But come on who are they trying
to kid? The submission for awards cups and medals etc with highly
controversial logs from contacts
made! ( Both here in the UK & also over the pond ) When we TRY TO
CALCULATE how much ERP is being
radiated from certain individuals? And not getting the calculation's like
anywhere accurate or
correct? combined with the efficiency of there Ant System for the desired
Freq. ( Only a very few OPS
have this type of Efficient Antenna in use for LF ). Then the rest have
absolutely not a chance of making a
contact genuinely over these distances and paths considering what very few
have achieved genuinely ****
ONLY BY THE SKIN OF THERE TEETH & A BIT OF LUCK **** So these some what
very much smaller and
much less powerful and efficient stations had no chance of having made
these so-called Trans
Atlantic contacts.... Hmmm very dubious and conspicuous. Just read between
the lines Fabian, you do
not have to be a technical whiz to work that out!

Running more than 1 W ERP with excessive power is nothing to be proud of.

Neither are making false log entry's for Trans-Atlantic Awards Fabian!

But Hams are supposed to use or at least to experiment with modern
techniques as well ; we cannot
ignore the new developments, and if we did, HAM radio would be dead in a
few years..

Yes I quite agree with this 1st statement Fabian. That Amateur Radio ops
now have never been so active
in experimental new Digital modes and techniques. What I completely
dismiss as absolute poppy-coc
is that Amateur Radio will be dead in a few years ( The complete reverse
is the truth officially ). Never
in the history of Amateur Radio has there been such a huge influx of new
Licence holders both young
and old a-like. And with the advent of the recent Global ARIU changes this

is set to be the continuing
trend Fabian ( And long may it continue ).

Regards & Best Wishes
Roy
GM0PYC   ************ THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE ************  Somewhere!

Regards & Best Wishes