LF: PC for Spectran/Argo

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: PC for Spectran/Argo
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:49:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Stewart, I run Spectran and Argo on what is a fairly mundane machine
these days....a 200MHz with a K6 processor, and 64mB od memory. The
essential is probably a proper Creative Labs sound card, the PCI64 will run
Argo but will not give the audo filtering output (requiring "duplex"
operation) in Spectran, but will produce the waterfalls OK. The PCI126 will
run both completely successfully, on my machine. The waterfall timing marks
are often show the waterfall is slightly affected by running other
operations at the same time, but it is not too serious, as you would trap a
screen shot then, load it up to the server. Unles there was overlap in the
sample rates and the sreen 'width' this would not be seen.
You will have to check with Alberto but I thing both will run successfully
with and old 16bit ISA SB16 card.

There is a little red/greed 'led' box (top LHS) on the waterfall display,
that indicates the processor loading.

My slides and the main data described at the Round Table are described on my
web site, I can shoot you over GIFs of the slides if you want to compile a
"Proceedings" in one place.

Cheers and Thanks for a very enjoyable day
Alan G3NYK
[email protected]
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk