LF: Re: Jason V0.94

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Jason V0.94
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:34:25 +0200
Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
BOB RIESE wrote:

Alberto

The ability to record your sending and make a wave file is super
also allows the centering of the frequency and other adjustments
and allows a bit of familiarity before on the air use  SUPER

Not sure about the higher speed ,would that be resampling the 11025
at a different rate ??

Bob,
 the higher speed is due to the fact that the audio samples are not coming
from the sound card, at 11025 samples each second, but from a file.
The actual speed is determined in this case from the time spent in processing,
and from the time it takes to read from disk.
Of course, the original audio recording on disk must have been done at
11025 samples per second. As I said, V0.94 of Jason can read WAV files,
thanks to Stewart KK7KA, but is not capable of recording yet.
This is left to V0.95. To record, you can use one of the many utilities found
on Internet. I recommend Cool Edit, a very powerful and easy to use package.

73  Alberto  I2PHD