LF: DJ2LF/P

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DJ2LF/P
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:34:06 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Well Walter was coming in well over S9 most of Wednesday, as predicted a pretty big signal. He seemed to be suffering with the same problem which has blighted all these big tower operations however - poor receive due to high noise level. Having heard some of the reports being given it seemed pointless for me to try calling on 136.

I did however have a partial contact crossband to 7030. However due to a major solar storm all the hf bands were effectively wiped out - it seems 136 was the only band anywhere with propagation! We exchanged callsigns, but then the 40m signals faded and that was that. Oh, and of course you were 599 Walter -thanks for the 449, my 5W usually gets a lot better to DL than that but it was not your fault!

By the way 7030 is the international QRP frequency and is by far the most active of the hf band QRP frequencies. It may be preferable to use a different frequency for crossband operations especially for QRO tests. But it wouldn't have made any difference today.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk