LF: Re: LPT/Parallel port setup for transmitting???

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LPT/Parallel port setup for transmitting???
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:21:07 +0200
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bob Roehrig wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, WE0H wrote:

> I am using Windows 3.11 with the QRS 3.17 program and keyer design that
> comes with the program.

> I have tried a DOS program from Lyle (K0LR) and his program didn't
> switch any of the lines either. Is there something I need to do in
> Windows to get the port running???

It has been my experience that you can't run some DOS programs via
Windoze in that Windoze controls the ports, not the DOS program.

Hmmm, I would rather check the parallel port address of the LPT port you are
using. DOS programs that use the parallel port under Windows are known to
work, especially with the old Windows 3.11, which didn't enforce any form
of protection.
Probably you are addressing the wrong port. Usually LPT1 is 0x378, and LPT2
is 0x278, but other variations do exist.

73  Alberto  I2PHD