LF: Jason test signals from M0BMU

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Jason test signals from M0BMU
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:24:46 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Jim and group,

successfully decoded  the Jason signals from M0BMU on friday night. The 400mw ERP signal was audible, but frequently interrupted from strong static crashes. Interestingly the waterfall display on Alberto's Jason screen was not much affected by them (no white horizontal lines) so I guess there is some smart pulse noise filter at work.

The difference between the native and the KK7KA decoder was only marginal this time. Sometimes Stewart's algorithm even decided to erase letters which were already printed properly on the screen (happend two times in about 40 letters, so no real problem).

Signal-to-noise ratio with Jims 40mW-transmission was about 9dB (normalized to 1 Hz-RX bandwidth).

A screenshot is available, but unfortunately no saved WAVe-file.

Regards,
 Wolf DL4YHF.

P.S: Late friday evening and early saturday morning, we had a nice tropo opening on 144 MHz from DL into G, GW, GM and even EI. A high-pressure area is on its way, so I guess the propagation will last a bit longer. Anyone on this group interested in a CW crossband contact 2.2km <-> 2m wavelength ?