LF: DLF-test

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DLF-test
From: "Walter" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:49:35 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello to all LF`ers, dear friends,
     at first we have to say many many thanks to to all of you, who made QSO´s with us or gave us reports, info and tips by mail or phone. And we should like to thank the officials from RegTP and Deutsche Telekom who allowed us the activity from the DLF-site and gave us every support.
      I`ll give a summary.
The first QSO took place at 8.45utc, testing with 1W, 5W and 20W (0.3A antenna current), the last QSO was abt 14.00utc because of an approaching thunderstorm 70Km apart. We made 19 QSO´s, 10 only on 136KHz, 9 duplex 136/7030KHz. We received 7 phone calls, the northernmost from Jan, LA8AK in Kristiansand.
And we got mails from 16 different OM´s with a lot of reports, measurements, tips and comments. The southernmost came from Brian CT1DRP (we are glad to be the first audible signal for you and the friends from Spain).
      In the morning Markus matched the antenna with a homemade tuner by using scope and other equipment and got 1,9A antenna current. In the afternoon he connected the antenna directly to the amplifier - and got 2,2A ! One should do the simple things first.
      It seems the DLF-antenna is especially made for our band.
Dave, I think your 5W are enough for a QSO. But the Frankfurt-area-noise is very strong - even on 40m. And so was the local noise composed:
The LF`er keying on 136 QSX 7030. In the background other boys of the gang talking. A signal comes from the 40m-transceiver by speaker (headphones forgotten),
not so clear. The LF`er increases volume. The boys increasing their loudness. The LF`er screaming "haltet mal die Klappe", what means "be quiet, please". And then the mobile phone ringing and in the rear of the house a worker with his lawn-mower. I think we need better organisation.
      Two LF`ers from Frankfurt visited us, 4 members of the maintenance personnel came along, and even the regional Telekom-boss arrived and asked kindly what happened. During noon 3 of our group drove around and made some measuring of our fieldstrength. We will calculate and compare with the figures from Dick and Jim. Markus will give another e-mail with more technical and calculating details.
     The receiving conditions were bad as expected. We used a tuned loop, but must be better next time ( yes, we hope for a next time). And we will reduce our equipment. It is not necessary to take along 3 complete stations, so much measuring equipment, several boxes with cables, connectors, tools and material for every incident. 2 VW-variants were fullfilled. But now we know more than before.
      We had a great event. Thanks for participating.

For the group: DF6NM Markus, DL2NDO Ralph, DK3GH Ralph, DL3NDR Roland

                      73 Walter DJ2LF