Re: LF: Re: Re: Power of Donebach 153kHz TX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Power of Donebach 153kHz TX
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:15:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "M.J.Powell" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:07 PM

snip

>    Remarkable is Droitwich at 198kHz. There the carrier goes
>    downward during modulation!

I used to get that with my old AM Tx in the 50's! Cause: Lack of grid
drive and improper loading/tuning. I wonder which it is now...

You are correct, it is no doubt still the same today. Adjusting those old
transmitters could be difficult, maybe make a bad job worse. Downward
modulation on AM transmitters was considered poor engineering amongst radio
amateurs in the early years, and poor CW even worse.
These days some do not know what  either Downward mod or CW means!!!!

G3KEV

Mike
--
M.J.Powell