LF: LF exciter by ZL1BPU

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LF exciter by ZL1BPU
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:48:24 +0200
Cc: "Murray Greenman, ZL1BPU" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

The following is part of an e-mail I received from Murray, ZL1BPU.

73, Dick, PA0SE

I have just about completed the design of an LF Exciter using a
microcontroller. It is very simple (all the compexity is in the micro), and
yet it offers very high performance on the LF bands. The synthesizer uses
software DDS and a step size of 84 mHz (1/3 the JASON step). It operates
ASK, FSK, DFCW, FELDHELL and MT-HELL, and I am at present testing it with
JASON. It has a built-in beacon which also operates all these modes and has
a 120 character message. The output is about 1W from 10 kHz to 250 kHz, and
it operates from 0 to 400 kHz.

73,

Murray ZL1BPU