Re: LF: Roundtable anyone ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Roundtable anyone ?
From: "Derek Atter" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:32:19 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LFers   -  Re a possible LF Round Table this year :

> Andy talbot wrote:
> > Are there any plans for an LF Roundtable this year ?

The Crawley Amateur Radio Club have confirmed that it would be happy to host
such a meeting at our Clubhouse. The club have a pretty full programme in
June and early July leading up to VHF Field Day on 6/7th July so propose an
earliest practical date of Sunday 21st July.

 We suggest a similar format to that of the Microwave Round Tables which
circulate round various venues each year in the UK :-

Location : Hut18,  Tilgate Recreational Centre, Crawley, West Sussex.
                             The centre is close to the southern end of the
M23 motorway
                             south of Gatwick airport. Directions by road
to the club can be found on
                             our website at : www.http.carc.org

Nominal start time : 10-00am, doors open from 09-30 ish

10-00 to 13-00 : Informal session up to lunch at around 13-00hrs.with the
morning
                          session being an opportunity to meet old LF
friends for an eye-ball and
                          general natter. Tables will available for a bit
of 'bring and buy' or for any
                          equipment demonstrations etc. A 360ft LF inverted
'L' antenna can be
                          patched through to the lecture room. We would
hope to have an active LF
                          station in operation in the Club shack.

1300 to 14-00   : Lunch break. [ Several quite reasonable places close by to
eat]
                           The club coffee bar will be open during the
morning.

14-00 to 17-00  : To be arranged but suggest several short technical
presentations each of
                           about 20 to 30mins duration - visual aids are
available- white boards and
                           OHP plus video player etc.
                            A chaired discussion session is also suggested
to discuss recent and
                            future LF activities

Close at approx 17-00

More detailed information will be posted later on the reflector and the club
website

Indications of likely attendance would be appreciated ASAP to gauge the
degree of support and also suggestions for topics or volunteers for
presenting short technical papers. Lets hope we get plenty of attendees.

                   Vy 73,  Derek Atter,  G3GRO    [On behalf of the Crawley
Club]